Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blogging

I have always faced a rather dubious conundrum with updating this blog.  It mostly centers around the fact that I am always so busy ingame.  Certainly too busy to update a blog more than once every week or less, as has been the case for about six months now, much to my chagrin.  However, that should be no excuse in some sense, because this blog is my outlet and podium to express the opinions, interests, developments, events, and stories that define my entertainment experiences in this game on a nightly basis.

I wish I could say that the energy required to post nightly is there, however.  To be honest, most nights in the past two months straight since we started our Northern Campaign and then returned once more to Providence, only to be expelled forcibly weeks later, I have spent sitting around, planning, thinking, contemplating, brooding.  It does not sound like much, but in reality, it is a constant nightmarish landscape of mental landmines, quagmires, paradoxes, loopholes, juxtapositions, and any other morbidly fascinating but overused social cliches one can think of.  It would not be that far from the truth though.

So, for my faithful audience, who still checks in every few weeks, to see if this mentally exhausted CEO has bothered to post a trick or two, I wanted to thank you.  I may not speak volumes, but there are always volumes waiting to be spoken.  Everyone has seemed to grow accustomed to my lengthy wall texts in our private corporate forums, in channels while logged into the game, and in their game mailers, so I guess, maybe in some sense, it is good that I do not also bombard a blog with the random ramblings of an overworked administrator who is trying to dig his way through the mile high stacks of paperwork, to make sure his corporation and alliance have every possible chance available to them, to succeed, flourish, and be entertained in a game rich with potential for growth and experience.

Thanks, to you, my relatively silent audience, for keeping up the faith.  I think I will change my New Year's Resolution to updating this blog at least every other day, from now on.  Ready for the wall text symphony?  I shall name it, Symphony R3 Opus no. 10 in E Minor, hidden pun intended.

2 comments:

  1. You do realise don't you, that since Dominion and the rolling out of Moondoggie (The new in game browser) you can update your blog from in-game? I think that as long as it isn't flash, it'll work in the ingame browser.

    Just something to think about, if you find that playing EVE is stopping you from blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True true, I guess I could do that, although for the past four weeks or so I have honest to goodness had about 10-20 windows spanning both clients on each monitor, with manufacturing windows, corporate windows, items hangar, ships, fittings, new channels, mailing lists, etc.

    Ugh. If things weren't so tumultuous and dicey right now, I might actually revel in being so damned busy for once in the past couple months. Although... busy is a relative term, how can one be THIS busy one moment and THISSSSS busy the next, is beyond me. But somehow I manage it, it seems.

    :)

    ReplyDelete